Deals with useful tips for blogging and to enhancing your blog.
how to build and enhanceTraffiC
To increase traffic to your blog, you have to be effective in your website promotion activities. Here are key techniques to build on same.
1) Blog Appearance: This includes :
a)Blog platformMost popular good free blogging platforms are e Word Press, Joomla, Blogger and Drupal. WordPress is the most preferred platform by many bloggers and it is also originally designed for blogging. But if you want to put some dynamic functionality like social networking and ecommerce features, you may consider using Joomla and Drupal.
b) Color Theme: Colors help to trigger emotions and mostly light colors for backgrounds, and dark colors for the texts, (such as White & Black) makes the content more readable for general users.
c) Navigational Layout:Organize your links and blocks well like your recent posts and most famous articles should be accessible to your readers. Study and experiment well for your ad positions. Also, putting them in the right places can make your number of click through higher.
- Relevant Content for Your Focused Niche: When we say relevant content, it means content that is helpful to readers.The web is continuously being updated every day, where users are continuously looking for good content that relates to them, aim to publish new content on a daily, or weekly biases that will link to your audience.
- Link Building: The number of back links is essential if you want higher page ranks. Like voting system, search engines will determine your website relevance with the number of link presence you have on the web.. These links can be achieved in various ways, Submitting to bookmarks is an effective link building activity, or by writing guest articles, or even networking on social media websites.
- Public Relations: Public relations like press release and article submissions can boost your site, increase back links and expose more your website.
- Ping: Submitting to ping sites like Ping-O-Matic everytime you made changes in your site can trigger the search engines to visit your website and index your new pages.
- Twitter: Recently, Go ogle started indexing twitter pages. Therefore, whatever you tweet in connection to your website will affect your on line presence. Be creative with your tweets, add your keywords and link them to your website. However, re-tweet other helpful posts also to gain more followers.
- Face book: Face book is now the largest social networking site on the web.
- Other On line Community and Blogging Sites: Aside from Twitter and Face book, investing time to other blogging sites and online communities like forums and other social networking sites can gain more exposures to your websites. Prevent spamming, post relevant comments that would help others. With this, you are not only promoting your blog, but you are also building relationships to your peer bloggers.
- Commenting on other blogs: Create a list of blogs that you would read regularly, and which relate to your business. Aim to leave useful comments on articles that are published on these blog, be creative with your comments, by writing comments that would provide extra value to the post and readers.
- Forums: A good way of building your presence and getting users to your blog, is by using forums. Register with forums within your niche, and answer few questions that the users ask, do this regularly, over time you would build your brand awareness and start to drive traffic to your site. When answering questions, be as helpful as you can, and provide answers that would be effective and helpful to all reading that question.
- Pitch Page for Mailing List: Create a pitch page or pitch block in your site for readers to submit their email address to subscribe to your newsletters. You can get embed codes for this by using tools like Aweber autoresponder or FeedBurner.
- Good Layout and Content: Sending an attractive and corporate looking e-newsletter can prevent your recipients to hit the “spam” button. Be creative with your layout and give them good content. Put links directing to your website. Also, offering some games, rewards or other promotions can be a good call to action to your readers to visit your blog.
4) Guest Blogging
- Have a presence as a guest blogger on various authority and related sites of your industry. As guest bloggingis more than writing a blog post for some other blog, it has got many benefits, which can improve your image as a blogger and also help you promote your own blog by reaching out to communities established by these blogs.
Best is to write guest posts for other blogs and also invite and publish guest posts on your own blog. This gives maximum exposure to your blog and helps you reach out multifold on the web by opening doors for other SEO and social media benefits attached to guest blogging. Hence, this can be termed as a win-win situation where the blogger and the blog both benefit in various ways.
There are so many things that you may do to gain maximum exposure for your blog. Also, give time to research for useful tools to automate your blog sharing and make your promotion easier. Pursue the marketing and outreach of your blog keeping abreast with new ideas and methods on the web as Internet marketing keeps evolving and every time you come across a new platform consider how you can portray your business
Add your site to long lists of sites specifically pertaining to your region like talking about Indian context it can be often organized by category.
- IndiBlogger– Organizes bloggers by categories, cities and integrates an active blogging community.
- Kamat Blog Portal– is a listing of Indian weblogs. You can suggest your blog for inclusion. Their spider “Narad” comes visiting and will suggest the chances of your inclusion. You need to provide a link back. Be sure to have some India related content.
- India Blogs– Listing Indian Bloggers by blogging niche
- India Bloggers Ring– For those who like networking within sites, try the concept of webrings. Add a code, and people interested in Indian bloggers will surf around the webring.
- Technorati India Blogs– You can claim your blog, add an India tag and you will get listed in the technorati Indian blogs listing. More.
- Best Blogs in Asia– you can submit your blog here and they will verify if you deserve to be one of the best Indian / Asian blogs and add you. Link back optional.
- Blogflux India Directory– another directory listing Indian blogs.
Six factors that impact blog
1) Blogs are based on hard data and facts
2) some content in your blogs gives a positive, bright and optimistic view.
3) some content in your blogs highlights the difficulties, challenges, risks, dangers, and negatives of your topic.
4) content in your blogs articulates your feelings, hunches, and intuitions
5) Blog (Content,title or post ) is creative, innovative, novel, and radical. This could present your own views or thoughts or something you’ve read and would like to share with your readers
6) content in your blogs is about processes.
Techniques to update your Blog The prime objective of this article to provide ideas for turning and utilising existing content
1) Valuable Blog Comments can be used as New Blog Articles
2) E-Books can be used as short relevant and audience specific blog articles
3)Participate and Review the Linked in discussions,and finally utilise it for updating your blog.
4) Translating tweets into blogs
5) Translate a blog in series i.e you can go back through all of your old articles and start breaking out some of the longer articles, adding some new content to each new article, and publish each of the separately. You can also go through your blog and find a bunch of articles that you can expand on
If one of your blog is outperforming others then you have an option of transforming it into website or turn blog article into on line video.
Till next article cheers & happy blogging……...