When you bought your Straight Talk phone, you needed to purchase a service plan that went with it. The service plan you purchased was obviously pretty dependent on your budget at the time, right? Well, now it’s time to make sure your service plan doesn’t run out on you.
There are five different service plans that you can get with Straight Talk beginning with a 30-day plan and ending with an annual plan. Let’s take a look at the basics of these plans:
There are two main types of refill options you have open to you using their website:
1. Automatic refill – When your service days are over, your can have your phone refilled automatically and charged to a credit card of your choice.
2. Refill on-demand – You would have to renew each month manually in order to continue your plan
How do I know when my service plan expires?
1. Go to http://www.straighttalk.com/ and click on “Check Balance/Service Date in the upper right-hand corner of your window (It’s right next to a star).
2. Type in your cell phone number
3. Left click Submit (You’ll see the fourth field is Service End Date.) Now, you can also check how many minutes you have left, how many SMS text messages you have, and how many megabytes of data available for Web browsing you have.
If you need to refill your phone, click on the Home button.
1. Click on the Refill/Enroll Tab
You will see three options on this page:
a. Need to buy a service plan. This is where you would log into your account.
b. Refill by adding a service card
c. Enroll in Auto-Refill Now! (Optional)
2. Choose option a. by entering in your email address and password and click on Log In. (If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to register. Just click the tab that says Activate/Register
3. Click on submit if your phone information is showing correctly
4. Choose your service plan by clicking in the dot to the left of the service plan you want
5. Choose Auto-Refill or Refill On Demand
6. Click Submit
7. Read the information and make sure your credit card information is correct. If not, you’ll need to call Customer Service and request them to edit it. Also, Write down your service end date and put it in a place that you can find easily.
8. Read the terms and conditions and then check the box to indicate you have done so.
9. Click on Submit
10. Click Print or Done
That’s all there is to it.