It is good to have the power of technology by your side and leverage its advantage to grow your business. The advent of Internet has changed the whole practice of commercial businesses and has made it more accessible at a much faster speed.
It is good to have the power of technology by your side and leverage its advantage to grow your business. The advent of Internet has changed the whole practice of commercial businesses and has made it more accessible at a much faster speed. Now businesses are not limited to a certain geographic boundaries and are free to stretch their legs far across the globe. Online transactions, purchasing & selling of goods online, transferring funds, online bookings and many other such activities have made the whole world as a prospect for one or other business.
With the introduction of e-commerce, each business is trying to encash the opportunity provided. Let’s hear some benefits of e-commerce and discuss how an online shopkeeper can bring this technology into his use.
Benefits of E-commerce:
1. A significant drop in cost, related to inventory management, customer care, marketing and promotion. Good e-commerce software comes with these inbuilt features.
2. Online shopping is much more convenient than the traditional one. There is no time bound and you can shop whenever you feel like.
3. People can search for the best deals in a lot easier way than otherwise.
4. E-commerce provides the opportunity to expand globally at much less expense.
5. Setting up an online business also has an advantage of bypassing the business barriers of the real world.
6. It allows real time communication with the customers and data exchange facility with internal departments such as inventory and increases the efficiency of supply chain process.
Software for setting up an online shop:
1. Magento: The fastest growing e-commerce platform. A free to use software, which is ready to get customized according to your requirement. You will get all the features required to set up a strong online shop.
2. osCommerce: Another open source ecommerce software. osCommerce is supported and accepted by a large community of online merchants and developers. Its features are based on user experience with considerable amount of add-ons present to make it a robust e-commerce platform.
3. Volusion: An award winning e-commerce platform whose codes are free to use and customizable according to the need of the merchant.
There are many more advantages and e-commerce platforms as well. One should pick his/her choice of e-commerce platform and e-commerce service provider after a proper research and knowledge of its requirement.