A virtual assistant should use every available tool available to promote themselves in order to pick up new clients in a highly competitive industry. There are many ways a writer can use, but I bet you haven’t thought of this one.
Image via Wikipedia
How many times has a virtual assistant heard me say that an effective way to increase internet traffic to their websites or blogs while increasing their client base is with writing? You are all striving to survive in an economy that has slowed down. Now it’s time to write not only articles, posts on blogs or forums, or press releases, it’s time to discuss how you can get even more internet exposure with your eBook.
First of all, let’s take a look at what an eBook is. A very simple definition is that an eBook is an electronic book that you can read digitally using a computer, a laptop screen or on devices called ebook readers. No longer are you limited to running down to the nearest library or bookstore; now you can sit in your easy chair and surf the net for good eBooks and either purchase them online or even get some of them at no cost.
One of the most popular types of eBooks is the PDF. All platforms have the ability to gain access and read PDF formatting. It doesn’t matter if you have a PC or a Mac; they both will read PDF files equally well. PDFs are ready with Acrobat Reader that you can download from Adobe.
- Another popular format is with the use of HTML where the writer can incorporate links at the bottom of the pages for a user-friendly format. These types of ebooks can also include links, sounds or video files. Let’s not leave out the more fancy-looking option called “page flip” that gives the reader the option to flip pages just as if it were a real book.
- Special eBook reader devices – according to Wikipedia, there are a wide range of eBook readers available, some boasting more benefits than others. Due to their advantages of being highly portable, easily read in bright sunlight, and having a long battery life, eBook readers are in very high demand.
- Any PDA (Personal Data Assistant) device can also display text of an ebook on its screen, so you could actually say that a PDA is a type of eBook reader. The major difference between the two formats, however, is that an eBook reader displays e-inks.
Benefits of Writing eBooks
A virtual assistant can get more internet exposure – that’s the bottom line. A recent report indicated that “E-book sales from the 13 publishers that report results to the Association of American Publishers’ monthly sales program rose nearly 252% in the first quarter of 2010, to $91 million.”Along with getting more internet exposure are six additional benefits that you will want to consider:
- eBooks are easy to write and don’t require extensive learning of programming language.
- A virtual assistant does not have to spend a lot of money in learning how to write them and promote them.
- Delivering an eBook is instantaneous on the Internet; it’s all done digitally.
- eBooks can easily be given away as a complimentary gift or bonus to encourage visitors to come to your website or blog.
- Pay attention to this one — You can sell eBooks! Want to earn a little more cash to help with expenses? Here is an easy and effective way to increase internet exposure with your eBook.
The time is ripe for a virtual assistant to promote their business and become a huge success on the Internet. Besides writing articles, sending out press releases, participating in chats and forums, and blogging, the time couldn’t be better for a virtual assistant to increase internet exposure with eBooks. Act Now! Get in on the Action!
Pam Lokker is a skillful writer and proficient virtual assistant. Borlok Virtual Assistants is the place to get global expert VA services with quality and on-time delivery.
Stop! Look here to read more about eBook Submissions!