Gone are the days when it was possible to run your business online without having to publish an attractive, interactive, and informative website.
Using a website more like a visiting card that offers contact info and some other details is no longer effective. Your website is more like a salesperson; it not only explains what your products and services are, but it also convinces people to make a purchase. To have these specific elements in your website, it’s important that you get in touch with a professional web design company.
The most important reason why you should opt for a professional company is that they create websites keeping the latest design trends in mind. In 2012, you may have already started noticing certain changes and shifts in trends. While several aspects are still the same, a few have changed dramatically. For instance:
- One of the latest trends is to design your websites keeping the aspect of mobile compatibility in mind. You have to make use of minimalistic design, which has been in use for many years. Now, it’s more important to follow these design strategies to ensure that your site is visible on mobile devices, as one-fifth of web surfers will access the internet on mobile devices in 2012.
- While Flash is still in use and liked for its interactivity, the trend of using it is fading away quickly. The one big reason is Adobe’s announcement of discontinued support for all types of mobile devices. This is the reason why more and more websites are now going to rely on CSS3, HTML5 and JQuery. In order to get a highly interactive site that can also be accessed through the internet, you now need a professional web design company with experience in different platforms.
- Just like desktop applications, you will also see websites designed using 3D effects. From textures to shadows, you will see web designers use everything to create dimensions and build interesting applications.
- In 2012, you are also going to notice a change in typography. The good thing is that web browsers can now support different font types, which is only going to inspire designers to use fonts creatively. In other words, you will now see websites with mixed font types that will turn them into works of art. To get a better website, you should pick a professional web design company that could use the CSS3, as it allows using a variety of typography and saves designers from using those boring Verdana, Arial and Times New Roman fonts.
- Another change that you will see in more and more websites in 2012 is the use of everything “big”; there will be large headings, huge logos, and enormous icons. Designers are trying to leave an unforgettable impact on the visitors of a website by using oversized elements. But, it’s important to ensure that only a professional web design company is asked to take control of this aspect because only they know how to maintain a balance — overly large icons will look ugly, which would affect your business.