Prior to conducting a lecture and making use of the internet tool, one has to know first certain guidelines in the use of the internet to be assured of a “research-quality web searching” of a topic on hand.
HOW TO USE INTERNET TO CONDUCT A LECTURE
Prior to conducting a lecture making use of the cyber tool, one has to know first certain guidelines in the use of the cyber to be assured of a “research-quality web searching” of a topic on hand.
1. Get to know (and make a record of) the materials on the Web:
a. primary sources
b. statistical information;
d. specialized directories;
e. educational sites;
f. policies, standards, bills, law, and related information;
2. Make a glossary of cyber and web jargon.
3. Equip yourself with search strategy skills:
a. Analyze your topic.
b. Conduct your search with a peripheral vision.
c. Get acquainted with the various search engines. Know how these search engines
work. Make a comparison table.
d. Make your own subject directories. It is a table that comprises best collections (of
great interest) of web pages.
e. Make your searches more precise.
4. Focus on academic information.
5. Evaluate what your find. Evaluate (why’s and how’s) of your web pages.
6. Cite resources (print and/or electronic).
7. Organize your presentation using a power point. Based it on an outlined scope of your topic.
Note: Browse for tips on how to effectively use the power point- font, font size and other readability-
8. Mark cyber links that are included in your slides.
9. On the day of the presentation or lecture, provide handouts.