This home-based job requires you to work your own hours determining the quality and accuracy of the results that are returned for specific search queries.
What Is An Internet Judge?
An Internet Judge is an individual who is employed by a search engine to review and rate websites. You could be an Internet Judge or an Internet Judge Multimedia. The difference is that the Internet Judge Multimedia rates the image and video content of websites while an Internet Judge determines the relevance of the other types of content such as text. An internet judge is also referred to as a Search Quality Judge.
How Does It Work?
The Internet Judge will be given a list of websites which he or she is to visit. Your job will be to rate these websites to ascertain if their content (text, image, video and etc) is satisfactory enough to be included in search engine results. This includes checking for quality and accuracy. You will also be responsible for determining the kind of search results that would satisfy specific search requests.
The criteria or guidelines for reviewing these websites will be explained when you are hired or during the application process.
How Do You Become An Internet Judge?
The recruiting companies which include Leapforce and Lionbridge are looking for candidates who can meet the requirements listed below. The links to their respective recruitment web pages can be found at the end of this article. While they do not mention which search engine they are recruiting for, it is generally believed to be Google.
Interested candidates will be required to pass an online examination before being accepted into the program. If you fail this exam, you will not be allowed to enter for it again.
Note that you are not required to pay any fees to apply to join this program.
Internet judge jobs are not available for every country.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be fluent in the English language. This means that you must be able to read and write in English. You may be required to provide proof of this e.g. a certificate.
- Internet judge programs are offered for different countries and you must be a resident of the country you are applying for. You should have an up-to-date knowledge of the media, culture and current affairs of that country.
- The applicant should be able to work fast and make decisions quickly. You should be able to work at repetitive tasks without losing focus.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Reader and WinZip is necessary. These programs should be installed on your computer.
- You should have experience in using the internet and internet browsers. At least 3 years of experience is required.
- You must have your own personal computer and a high-speed internet connection. Your computer must have at least 512MB of RAM and a processor speed of at least 1.5GHz. It should also run a recent version of Windows.
- You should be able to spend 10-20 hours per week carrying out your rating assignments. You will be required to work for at least 4 hours a day between the hours of 7am and 9pm of your local time.
- Previous experience as a quality rater in any other program will be a bonus.
How Much Can You Earn Working As An Internet Judge?
An internet judge does a job which is similar in some ways to what an internet assessor does. However, he or she is supposed to be skilled in the use of certain software. The recruiting companies also prefer candidates with college/university degrees for this position in contrast to an internet assessor position where academic qualifications do not really count. An internet assessor earns between $ 800 and $1200 a month if he or she works the maximum allowed 20 hours a week. As an internet judge, you can expect to earn more than $1000 a month.
How Will You Paid and How Often?
Payments will be made by the recruiting companies on a monthly basis. Leapforce sends checks via mail and Lionbridge pays into a bank account provided by the applicant.
Internet Judge Recruitment Links
You can learn more about the application process and the job in general on these web pages:
Lionbrige: Lionbridge offers more opportunities for people resident outside the United States.