Here is a disappointing fact if you have your business on the web: the number one reason why people go online is not to buy things, but to find free information. To capitalize on this, you need more visitors for your articles!
Here is a disappointing fact if you have your business on the web: the number one reason why people go online is not to buy things, but to find free information.
However, this can be great news – if you write free articles! It means that you have a viable business model that you can plug in and use if you need more traffic!
Writing articles is one of the quickest and easiest ways of bringing targeted traffic to your homepage. Your articles will bring you traffic from 3 sources:
1) Search Engines: the URL in the address bar increases your link popularity and your Pagerank, and this will result in higher search engine rankings for your website.
2) Newsletters: there are only a few e-zine publishers who write their own content; they need free articles from people like us.
3) Homepages: webmasters want content-rich websites. They also need your articles to publish on their sites.
English: The three biggest web search engines (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Here are some great tips and tricks for getting more traffic and more visitors from your articles:
1. Check your articles with SpamAssassin. So you can be sure that Spamkillers will not delete your articles.
2. Don’t put a date in your article copyright – articles you wrote 2 years ago may still be relevant but if the copyright says 2003, publishers and search engines will believe the information is out-of-date.
3. Submit your articles to the article announcement lists.
4. Start your article with a sentence that grabs your reader’s attention. Surfers are bombarded with information on the Internet: they will decide whether to read your article in the first sentence. If it startles them or if it challenges them, they will stop reading.
5. Create a ‘My Articles’ list for people who want to receive your latest articles. Put a sign-up form on your website and invite your visitors to join.
6. Create a zip file containing all your previous articles as text or html files. Publish the download link on your website, in your signature file, in your auto responders, and in your newsletter.
7. Write your Resource Box in the third person and not in the form an ad: Ezine Publishers may like your article but object to your Resource Box.
8. Submit your articles to all online article directories who you can find. Try a Google search with “article directory” or “publish article for free”.
9. When you submit your articles to the article lists, include URLs for your article and or homepage.
10. Likewise, include your article’s auto responder address.
That’s it! All the information you need to get more traffic from your articles!