Press releases are one of the most cost-effective ways to get free promotion for your online business. It’s also an overlooked tool to drive traffic massive to your web site.
With all the benefits writing a press release imparts many entrepreneurs still ignore this type of promotion, partly because they don’t know how to write a press release.
Point to ponder here! Writing a press release will give you a distinct advantage over your competitors that are not writing press releases. Why? Simply because of the exposure it will receive all over theInternet.
Here are some invaluable tips to keep in mind when writing your own press release:
- Your press release should sound like news, not an ad,
don’t send out Spammy advertisements. Press releases are supposed to be “newsworthy”!
- You should only send your press release to the media related to the topic of your press release.
- Make a good effort to keep your press release one page in length and tightly focused to your newsworthy information.
- Make sure your header, contact information and release date should be at the top of your press release.
- Use short sentences and double space in between sentences.
- Your header and first few sentences should capture the readers attention, Headlines attract!
- You should tell a story and briefly mention your business, product or service in the body of the press release. Don’t overdo it!
- Proofread your press release many times. Look for grammar and spelling mistakes. Professionalism is extremely important.
Another reason netrepreneurs ignore promoting their online business with press releases is because they don’t know what’s newsworthy.
Here are 16 online business press release ideas:
- § New products or services you’re offering on your web site.
Yes definitely newsworthy, especially if you’re marketing to a popular niche group.
- The results of an online survey or poll you’ve recently completed. Ever run across published survey results?
People in general are inquisitive. Combine that with niche marketing and the results are pre-qualified prospects captivated by your content.
- A virtual trade show or seminar you’re hosting.
This is another overlooked and untapped source of traffic generation. Free seminars are quickly gaining in popularity. Have your prospects directed to a target page to sign up!
- A free chat room class you’re teaching
- Your opening of a new web site
- An online award your business or web site has won
Go ahead… toot your horn!
- A free e-mail newsletter you’re publishing
- New online products or services you’re giving away
- An online business association or club you’re starting
- A famous person that’s endorsing your business
- A major joint venture you’re doing with another business
- A new book or e-book you wrote
- An expert or celebrity who’s speaking in your chat room
- A fundraising event you’re doing at your web site
- A new contest or sweepstakes you’re having at your site
- Major sponsorships you’re doing online
If none of these ideas apply specifically to you, you can get other press release writing tips and ideas by reading other businesses press releases, reading how to publications, talking to experts and visiting other media web sites.