Can’t watch movies on Netflix in Opera 11? There’s no need to panic or even change browsers as I will demonstrate how to fix this small issue.
Image via Wikipedia
Viewing Netflix movies on Opera 11
- First, you’ll need to navigate to opera:config. You’ll need to type this in your address bar.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom and look for the option called User Agent:
- Click on User Agent
- If Allow Components In UA String Comment is unticked, tick it. Also, Spoof UserAgent ID should be set to 2.
- Navigate to http://movies.netflix.com/WiHome?lnkctr=mhWN.
- Right click on any white space on the page.
- Select Edit site preferences.
- When in this menu, click the Network tab.
- In this tab, you want to change your browser identification from Identify as Opera to Mask as Firefox.
- Click ok and restart Opera.
If you use any of these methods, you should see this:
Rather than this: