Get your urls organized and ready to post with no fuss.
In the past I have written about the great need to have a Word Document file with all your article links ready to post at will, ready to use in any related article without any fuss. However, with time comes advanced technology. If you have loads of articles this will really help you because without this information your old articles will be forgotten even by you the author! For this tip you will need a Firefox browser and the Firefox add-on Linky. Remember you can have multiple browsers on your computer so you do not have to give up Internet explorer or Google Chrome etc. If you choose not to use Firefox you are really, really missing out on all the great add-ons out there that help with everything imaginable.
Download the Firefox browser here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/. You can find the Linky add-on here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/linky/. Now we are ready!
(1) Go to your “Content Published” page at http://www.triond.com/content/published.
(2) Scroll down to the end and select “50” by the “Show Rows” button so that your last fifty published articles will be displayed on the page.
(3) Right click on your page and a box will open up and the last thing on the box will most likely be Linky.
(4) Hover your cursor over Linky and more options will come up. Click on the “Copy all links to clipboard.”
(5) Paste all the links into an empty Microsoft Word document.
(6) You will notice that apart from your fifty Triond article links there are other Triond links that are not article links. Sort your url list alphabetically by clicking on the “A Z” button in Microsoft Word and then select and delete all lines containing triond.com.
Note that the “Sort” button is just above the “Bucket’ symbol and just below “View.”
Your sorted links will look similar to this:
(7) If for some reason you cannot find the “A Z” button in Microsoft Word go to http://www.textmechanic.com/Sort-Text-Lines.html, paste your url list into the given box and click “Alphabetical.”
If you have more than fifty articles you can now go to your second page of fifty and follow the same steps 1-6 above.
The great benefit of sorting your urls
What you will realize is that sorting will not only put all your Writinghood articles together by themselves and your Relijournal articles by themselves but even within those site links there are sub-categories. Your Socyberty articles on crime will sort separately from your Socyberty articles on languages.
Once you follow this procedure you will never be without a relevant link to drop again as it will work on any online writing site (or any site for that matter) be it Infobarrel, Seekyt, Hubpages, Expertscolumn and the rest.
For another article about links see: