The best and most popular FREE things to download from Cydia, which is an app you get from a process called “Jailbreaking” an iPod touch or iPhone. Jailbreaking voids the apple warranty, so do it at your own risk. If you use it stupidly, you can end up with an irreparable iDevice, but I’ve had my iPod touch 3.1.3 Jailbroken for a year now, so it’s not very dangerous. Link is below
Scroll down and click your computer system: Windows, Mac OS, or Linux.
My top Cydia packages (free)
- dTunes – You can download songs and videos off the internet, for free. It is illegal to download copy-righted files, so watch out for that.
- MakeItMine – you can change what it says in the top left corner, and where the time is. for iPod, it just says ‘iPod’, and for iPhone, it says the carrier, like AT&T.
- MxTube – You can download and store YouTube videos right from your iDevice.
- OpenSSH – Connect and transfer files over Wi-Fi between your iDevice and computer.
- Rename – Rename apps
- SBSettings – Swipe your finger from left to right across the status bar to get a drop-down menu that allows you to turn on and off the Wi-Fi quickly.
- Winterboard – Change themes and looks of your iDevice
- Backgrounder – Run apps in the background and quickly switch between them.
- PwnCenter & All Sources – get Pwn center by scrolling down on the cydia homepage (on your iDevice) and click on ‘more package sources’, look for PwnCenter and download it. then search for all sources, download that. you now have more variety of packages that you can download.
- five icon dock – it is what it says, you can fit 5 things on the dock.
Note: These are not in any particular order, i just thought of them in this order.